Thursday, January 7, 2021

from "Fifty Verses on the Nature of Consciousness"

A Preface:

I think it's a good time to either quit social media or to use it less, and if using it, to only use it calmly and with kindness toward other people. Good examples of this exist.

I think it's a good time to make friends with a stranger. It might be a good time to find and then make friends with things you dislike about yourself. 

I think it's a good time to be quiet, to meditate and be still, like a tree is still. A tree is not doing anything but it is doing something. 

It feels like a good time to acknowledge the body, to accept the body, to reduce thinking, to allow ourselves to be simple bodies and to care for all bodies. 

It's a good time to say no to something at work. To say that you can't do it, but thank you. 

It's a good time to say yes to something at work. To say I'm busy, but yes. 

It's a good time to go outside, to view trees and birds and other animals if you can glimpse them. It's a good time to remember that this is your life. That your life is not a computer, though that might be an aspect of your life. 

These are things I'm telling myself. The things I'm telling myself are meant to address the shortcomings I feel about myself and the world I'm in, which is only a world of my creation. It's a good time to begin to understand that all things that happen in our individual worlds, and in our collective world that we call society and culture, are merely worlds of our creation. I think it's a good time to examine what kind of things we are creating with our consciousness, what kind of things are we bringing into reality, what kinds of things are we manifesting. 

From "Fifty Verses on the Nature of Consciousness" 

Mind is a field 
In which every kind of seed is sown […]
Stored in our consciousness. 
That is why it is called “store consciousness."

Some seeds are innate,
Handed down by our ancestors.
Some were sown while we were still in the womb, 
Others were sown when we were children. 

Whether transmitted by family, friends,
Society, or education, 
All our seeds are, by nature,
Both individual and collective[…]

When delusion is overcome, understanding is there,
And store consciousness is no longer subject to afflictions. 
Store consciousness becomes Great Mirror Wisdom, 
Reflecting the cosmos in all directions. 
Its name is now Pure Consciousness. 

No comments: